Monday, January 27, 2014

Chinese New Year'14 Lookbook


With Chinese New Year fast approaching, I'm sure many of us girls have already bought specific sets for each day of visiting. For those of you who have yet to complete your shopping or have yet to start, here are some layouts that I hope could inspire you !


{ Embossed Emerald Pullover c/o The Arctic Sun , Flower Skorts c/o Shop Mezora , Gold Necklace, Clutch and Louboutin shoes }

 Green symbolizes health and prosperity in Chinese culture, and with the slow comeback of emerald, I could not pass to taking these lovely pieces out of my closet. I love the different elements of flowers in this outfit, one embossed on the pullover and another water color-printed on the skorts. I sprayed a touch of gold/nude here and there, to make the color of the outfit less muted. 



{ Cotton on Leather Jacket, Red Qipao Top c/o Yacht 21 , Box Bag c/o HURS , Leather shorts from The Scarletroom and Shoes from Scape Underground }

Nothing says Chinese New Year any more than qipao in red ! I personally love qipao , just something very endearing in keeping traditions alive. When I was invited to visit Yacht 21 to pick some pieces out, this piece was the first thing I saw and picked up. Not sure what I love more, the fact that it's qipao in red, or the intricate lace or how they cleverly take a tradition that goes way back, and make it so current with the peplum. You can visit Yacht 21 at Bugis Junction, Raffles Xchange or at Tangs Playlab Vivocity. Alternatively, you can visit their website and purchase it online! Quote " ShopYacht21" to get 20% off your purchases.



{ Maroon Turtleneck , Vintage Daisy Skorts, Vintage Satchel Bag and New Look Ankle Boots }

If you're not completely into girly outfits , here's something that's more conservative. At first glance, this  outfit might be a little boring but I shall break it down for you! The Daisy-printed skorts will definitely catch some eyes, but the turtleneck keeps the outfit light yet even more interesting . In my opinion, the necklace makes the outfit classy and both the shoes and bag keep it casual. If you couldn't pull turtleneck well, a long-sleeved shirt would suffice. 


{ Watercolor Blazer, Fringed Cami c/o The Arctic Sun , Asymmetrical Skorts c/o Welovefleamarkets, Laser clutch c/o HURS and Aldo Mary Janes Platforms }

When all fails, white will always save the day ! This is a totally basic go-to outfit when you have zilch idea of what to throw on, a vomit of colors on white base. If you look a little closer though, you would notice how every piece is a statement piece, taking a basic idea to the next level. 

I hope this actually inspires you if not for Chinese New year , then for your daily outfits ! Thank you for checking out my new blog, and I would love to read your comments on the outfits or even what lookbook you'd like to see next ;)

Advanced Happy Chinese New Year to you girls xx

No comments: